[Lokalizacija] Error building Bison 2.6.5 on OS X Mountain Lion

Akim Demaille akim at lrde.epita.fr
Mon Nov 26 10:33:24 CET 2012

Le 26 nov. 2012 à 09:54, Stefano Lattarini <stefano.lattarini at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi Akim.
>
> On 11/26/2012 08:58 AM, Akim Demaille wrote:
>>
>> Le 25 nov. 2012 à 09:45, John Horigan <john at glyphic.com> a écrit :
>>
>>> I got the following error while compiling under OS X Mountain Lion:
>>>
>>> rm -f hr.gmo && /usr/local/bin/msgfmt -c --statistics --verbose -o hr.gmo
>>> hr.po
>>> hr.po:8: nplurals = 3...
>>> hr.po:85: ...but some messages have only 2 plural forms
>>> /usr/local/bin/msgfmt: found 1 fatal error
>>> hr.po: 191 translated messages, 9 fuzzy translations, 2 untranslated
>>> messages.
>>> make[3]: *** [hr.gmo] Error 1
>>> make[2]: *** [stamp-po] Error 2
>>> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>>>
>>> I was able to compile using
>>>
>>> ./configure --disable-nls
>>>
>>> It appears that Croatian has three plural forms. But the message at line 81
>>> of hr.po only has two plural forms. Adding a third form at line 87 allows
>>> Bison to build with NLS support. Now we need a Croatian speaker to provide
>>> the correct three plural forms for the shift/reduce conflict message.
>>
>> Hi John,
>>
>> We did have such an error in the past, in the development versions of Bison,
>>
> FWIW, I'm seeing this problem too, when trying to bootstrap Bison
> from git master (not when building from the tarball though).

Hi Stefano,

Yeah, likewise after a "make refresh-po".  Weird, this is a regression,
Théophile had already reported this a while ago, and it was fixed.

Hi Translators!

Could someone fix this issue please?  Thanks in advance!
(And thanks in retrospect for all the work you already did :)