[Work] 14.3. održan LibreOffice 3.3 release party u Rijeci

Vedran Miletić rivanvx at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 20:11:40 CET 2011

Event was originally planned for January when we expected release of LibO
3.3. Since LibO was released on 25.1, we decided to postpone because of the
last tests and then the final exams around that time. The next plan was to
March (during February most students from other towns are home).

On 14.3. we held LibreOffice 3.3 release party in Rijeka. University of
Rijeka Department of Informatics provided us with the room. Irena Hartmann,
first year student of informatics, decorated the room with green and white
paper chains.

The event itself went great. We started with a lecture given by Domagoj
Margan, second year student of informatics. The lecture was focused on the
history of StarOffice->Sun
StarOffice->OpenOffice.org->BrOffice.org->LibreOffice, LibreOffice in
general and new features in 3.3, and a bit of the story about Oracle's
relationship with opensource community in general. There were approximately
30 people, mostly first and second year students of informatics.

At the event we had drinks and cakes (in LibreOffice palette [1]; we
especially mention LibreOffice cake [2]) and airplanes made of paper with
the logo of LibO. People had a great time talking and having fun.

In the future, we hope that the release date of LibO 3.5 will be known in
advance, so that we can prepare something like this a few days after the
release of new version. We will probably extend it with some kind of
workshop focused on features which might be of interest to users of Office
tools and send invitations to all Rijeka companies that might be interested
to come.

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#Color_Table
[2] http://www.inf.uniri.hr/~vmiletic/libreoffice/DSC01339.JPG

Dobro? ;)