[Lokalizacija] bootstrap: error with Croatian translation (was: Re: Error building Bison 2.6.5 on OS X Mountain Lion)

Stefano Lattarini stefano.lattarini at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 21:02:55 CET 2012

Thread reference:
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-bison/2012-11/msg00040.html>

On 11/28/2012 02:37 PM, Akim Demaille wrote:
> Hi Tomislav!
>
> Thanks for the answer.
>
> Le 26 nov. 2012 à 18:54, Tomislav Krznar <tomislav.krznar at gmail.com> a écrit :

>>> Hi Stefano,
>>>
>>> Yeah, likewise after a "make refresh-po".  Weird, this is a regression,
>>> Théophile had already reported this a while ago, and it was fixed.
>>>
>>> Hi Translators!
>>>
>>> Could someone fix this issue please?  Thanks in advance!
>>> (And thanks in retrospect for all the work you already did :)
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> As I can see from the error report, this po file has total of 202
>> messages, while all po files available for translation on
>> translationproject.org have at most 200 messages.
>
> That's probably because we're talking about different version of
> Bison.  The latest release is 2.6.5, and as far as I can tell
> from
>
> http://translationproject.org/PO-files/hr/bison-2.6.5.hr.po
>
> it's perfectly up to date, thanks a lot!  The error was with
> the master development branch, which is not ready for release
> so I have not uploaded anything.
>
>> However, since all translations are handled through
>> translationproject.org, I'd recommend that developers upload the new
>> pot file there.
>
> AFAICT, this is fixed now.
>
>> Whatever your choice is, please inform me so I can take necessary actions.
>
> Thanks for your help!

FYI: I'm still seeing this error when bootstrapping from master:

  rm -f hr.gmo && /usr/bin/msgfmt -c --statistics --verbose -o hr.gmo hr.po
  hr.po:8: nplurals = 3...
  hr.po:85: ...but some messages have only 2 plural forms
  /usr/bin/msgfmt: found 1 fatal error
  hr.po: 187 translated messages, 13 fuzzy translations, 3 untranslated messages.
  Makefile:173: recipe for target 'hr.gmo' failed
  make[3]: *** [hr.gmo] Error 1
  make[3]: Leaving directory '/devel/bleeding/src/bison/po'

Regards,
  Stefano