[Lokalizacija] console-data 2:1.06-2: Please update debconf PO translation for the package console-data

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Wed Mar 19 06:42:05 CET 2008

Quoting Josip Rodin (joy+ditrans at linux.hr):

> The new string in hr.po is:
>
> msgid "ca-multi"
> msgstr "kanadska višejezična"
>
> Please apply this, it doesn't make sense to file a whole new bug report
> for just those two words! :)

Well, that's theoretically correct because you know I won't screw
things, being in the i18n business for a while..:-)

With other maintainers, I really suggest avoiding that method:
- nothing is recorded in the BTS
- re-editing the PO file might mean breaking it

> Is console-data in a version control repo somewhere where I could just
> commit this?

Yes. However, it is *very* stable and I'm not really sure that the
very few translations that are in it really deserve opening commit
access widely.

What *you* (or other Croatian/Croatian-speaking users) can do, is
checking out the keymaps we currently have for your language/country
and see if it fits those that are currently used, particularly in
Croatia and particularly in govt. organisation.

Most countries now have standard for keyboard map and I really would
like to see console-data really implement these. In the same time, I'd
like to drop out historical stuff that dates back to the old days of
the Linux development (for instance, we have up to four keyboard maps
for French!).