[Lokalizacija] Fwd: Localization questions

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 12:39:22 CET 2008

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dimitris Glezos <dimitris at glezos.com>
Date: Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 12:03 PM
Subject: Re: Localization questions
To: Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic at gmail.com>

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 10:39 AM, Valent Turkovic
 <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:

 >  Hi, I would like to start localization and translation of gnome and
 >  then other packages also for Fedora. I have talked with croatian
 >  localization team who are translating OpenOffice and are the main body
 >  for translation but they don't have the time for it anymore and they
 >  are in agreement to let me take over gnome and other translations.
 >
 >  I would also like to make localization marathons, which would be done
 >  over weekends with 10 or more volunteers, maybe even more. We would
 >  like to present this event as a Fedora/Reh Hat sponsored event. How do
 >  you suggest we start to do this?

 Hi Valent,

 Great to hear you're interested in contributing to Croatian. I think
 the other Fedora Croatian translators will appreciate your
 contributions! And I don't see a coordinator either at its page, so
 you might want to step up as one. :-)

 The idea about the localization marathons is very interesting. It
 reminds me of "sprints" the Django project is doing every now and
 then, where for a whole day people get together and work on fixing
 bugs etc. And with Fedora 9 coming soon, the timing is great to have
 one for Fedora translations.

 I was wondering if it'd make sense to have it globally, under the
 label of the Fedora Localization Project (FLP), instead of just the
 Croatian team. I think many people would like to participate in other
 languages as well, and this could become a success. So basically in
 this scenario we'll decide on a date, get a wiki page created, send an
 email to the lists and get together on IRC, let's say on a Saturday.
 And some teams will manage to meet face to face and have pizzas and
 fun. Do you see this as something we could do on a FLP scale?

 In terms of sponsoring, what would you be needed? A breakdown of the
 resources needed would help very much in getting it approved.

 -d

 --
 Dimitris Glezos
 http://dimitris.glezos.com/